E-Travel System

An E-Travel application must be completed by all teams attending an out of state event or a non-USYS sanctioned event.
Continue an application:

You will need to complete a Notification to Travel form anytime your team intends to play outside the state of North Carolina in a USYS sanctioned event. This includes tournaments, scrimmages, friendlies, or league play in another state. Once the form is submitted and payment has been received, you may print your form to present at your event.

The fee for a NTT Request is $10.
If the request is received the week of travel, the fee is $50. Please note that fees are calculated based upon when payment is received at the NCYSA state Office.

If you are taking Guest Players to your event, you may also complete the Guest Player roster here. As in the past, the Guest Player Roster must be signed by both coaches, red stamped by the releasing registrar, and submitted to the State office. It will not be returned.

Please be sure to have your Host's information available before filling out the Notification to Travel form. The Permission to Host form can be found by viewing the following:

  1. The hosting state's website under sanctioned tournaments
  2. The tournament website under Documents.

To continue:

  • Fill out your team information on the next page
  • Select which of the Travel forms you need to complete
  • After ensuring that your data is correct and complete, hit the Submit button
  • If completing a Notification to Travel form, payment is necessary. Choose to pay by credit card or mail in check.
  • If you have paid by credit card, your approval will be granted once NCYSA reviews the request and determines it is a US Youth sanctioned event. Upon approval, your form may be printed by accessing the database . You will receive an ID and password via email.
  • If you have chosen to pay by mailing a check, you will not be given access to your form for printing until after your payment is received and marked paid in the office. Allow extra time.
  • If you are filling out ONLY a Guest Player Roster, no payment is needed and your form will be available for printing.
Guidelines for Attending NON-SANCTIONED US Youth Soccer (USYS) Competitions

Several years ago the majority of in-state and out-of-state tournaments were sanctioned by USYS. As a member of NCYSA you are also a member of USYS and USSF (United States Soccer Federation).

There are other soccer organizations that are members of the United States Soccer Federation, but are not members of US Youth Soccer.These organizations may offer competitions (tournaments or friendly games) that are sanctioned through their organization but not through US Youth Soccer.

Since there are many more tournament choices; your team should be aware of the following information:

  1. The use of NC Youth Soccer player passes, rosters and medical waivers is prohibited at non-NCYSA/USYS Sanctioned events.
  2. NCYSA Insurance and Liability Coverage applies to NCYSA/USYS sanctioned competitions only.
  3. If attending a non-sanctioned USYS Competition, (in-state or out-of-state) please make sure all players and parents are aware that the NCYSA insurance will not be in effect for this competition.
  4. Contact the hosting organization regarding insurance coverage for their event.
  5. If the non-sanctioned event is out-of-state, then NCYSA cannot approve a USYS Notification to Travel form, nor does the non-sanctioned event have the authority to require this approval since the event is not sanctioned by USYS.
  6. Always know who is hosting the competition. Approved or 'sanctioned' competitions should provide a form signed by an official of the hosting organization. This document is usually called an 'Application to Host a Toumament' and will list the name of the hosting organization.

The NCYSA website contains a list of the NCYSA/USYS sanctioned tournaments(s). When traveling to another state, please visit the state's website and click on tournaments to see if the state association has sanctioned the event.

If you have further questions regarding non-sanctioned competitions please contact Joette Kivett (joette@ncsoccer.org) at the NCYSA State Office.


There is a $15.00 administrative fee when requesting this information.

If you are playing outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.

Please contact Joette Kivett (joette@ncsoccer.org) with questions.

Forms should be submitted to NCYSA 45 days before you travel (so we may process the paperwork and send to the Federation by their 30-day deadline).

Teams/groups must also complete the NCYSA Notification To Travel (sanctioned event) process.


Once you have received approval from your U.S. Soccer-affiliated organization, you need to apply for permission from U.S. Soccer. Please click here for all documentation needed for an Application for Foreign Travel.

The following MUST be submitted to U.S. Soccer in order to receive approval:

  1. A completed U.S. Soccer Application for Foreign Travel. This document MUST be signed (bottom right of the application page in the Approval section) by your U.S. Soccer-affiliated organization affiliated BEFORE being submitted to U.S. Soccer.
  2. A completed Travel - Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act.
  3. A copy of the official confirmed registration form or invitation letter from the game or tournament host. Travel itineraries, flyers or brochures are not accepted. We must have confirmation from either the Federation, tournament or the team you are playing against that the game has been acknowledged or that your team is registered for the tournament. Invitations must be on letterhead.
  4. A copy of the Official Team Roster which includes all players and team officials, signed or stamped by your U.S. Soccer-affiliated organization.
  5. Applicable fee ($50.00) per team made payable to U.S. Soccer Federation. This can be submitted via check or credit card. A Credit Card Authorization Form can be found in the above link in all documentation needed for an Application for Foreign Travel.